Friday, April 30, 2010

Just Returned From Maui, HI!


Aloha! Holly and I just returned from a week in Maui! It was great to spend some quality time together as I have finished my official "busy season" in public accounting! One benefit of working so much is that in just the last year I have accumulated a lot of Marriott Rewards points with all of the traveling I do for work. Therefore, we were able to stay for seven nights at the Wailea Marriott for free and get the rental car for the whole week free as well by using my points (Otherwise we would not have been able to go.) Before we got to Maui we didn't make any official plans of what we were going to do while we were there, but just planned on taking it one day at a time. We ended up spending a lot of time snorkeling, boogie boarding, sight seeing, lounging around, eating Julia's Banana Bread (best banana bread on island), and watching Adam Sandler, Jennifer Aniston, and Nicole Kidman film "Just Go With It" right next to our hotel. I was able to get a few shorter runs in but nothing too long.

Now back to reality! A few weeks ago we found out we needed to move out of the house we have been house sitting for the past two years, so we have been pretty busy trying to figure out where we will be living. We are looking to buy a house in the area we now live in and it has proven to be hard at the moment to keep a regular running training schedule. This week I was given the opportunity to run the Miwok 100k tomorrow as I was on the waiting list, but gave it up since we are moving out of our house today and tomorrow. I hope to get back into a regular running routine soon as I plan to run the Silver State 50 Mile run in Reno, Nevada in a couple of weeks. I plan to enjoy this race as a "training run" and not set a specific time or finish place goal. Today I just received an email from the Race Director of the Tahoe Rim Trail 100 Mile Run (July 17th) inviting me to register for the race as some extra spots have opened up and I am currently on the waiting list! Very Exciting! As my name was not drawn for WS 100 Mile Run this year :( I will be pacing another runner at WS instead of racing it. Hope I can get in next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment